Friday, February 8, 2008

Down and Out!

On Wednesday evening at Cubbies at church Josiah kept telling me he was grumpy and didn't want to play with his firends.
Mmmm, something was up!
We got home and he wanted to go straight to bed without his and Daddy's customary story telling time.
Mmmm, something was up!
At 10:300pm he comes into my room and instead of crying and saying , "I want to sleep with you!" He said, "hey, Mom, I'll lay really still, I promise."
You guessed it - mmm, something was up!
I picked him up to take him back to his bed and burned myself on his little body. He had a fever of 102.7 F. Motrin time and back to sleep in my bed. We woke up and his fever had climed to 103.2 F. More Motrin.
Daddy wasn't feeling too good either so he stayed home. Since Greg and Josiah were both feeling bad and laying around watching TV, I went to Bible study. On my way home Greg called and said that Josiah's fever was 104.2 F. We called the pediatrician and took him in.
Josiah has the flu.
Of course I felt bad since I didn't get him the flu shot this year, but the pediatrician assured me that it would not have helped. She said that she had more kids in her office with the flu that had the flu shot than didn't.
24 hours of Tamiflu, lots of juice and plenty of rest and we have a somewhat normal temp now.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the men in your family have fallen from the flu bug. It can be a very nasty thing. I also noted in your blog that you can do links...don't you love it. Okay, but I have a question...I have added labels to my pictures but the lable doesn't show up on the blog....what m I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure what you have to do to make your labels show up. I just added them and then they were there. I will research it more for you.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete