At this point in our journey I am sure some of you are thinking, the pictures of palaces and masks are nice. The stories about wedding ducks and strange food are interesting, but "We want to See Some Pictures of Naomi !!!" Well ... the wait is over. Today, March 10th 2008, at 11am Korea time Naomi Yoojin Hayworth joined our little family - completing our journey of 3 Becoming 4.
Everything at the adoption agency went very quickly, I don't think we were there for more than 30 minutes. While we were there they gave us all sorts of neat little gifts. We got a Korean Flag necklace that has Naomi's Korean name and birthday engraved on the back and a jewelry box to keep it in. We also got some tapes of Korean children's music and a small Korean flag. Naomi's foster mother gave us a Hanbok and lots of pictures on a CD. They also loaded us down with clothes, formula, diapers and bottles. When it was time to go, Teresa Naomi and I got into the elevator with our social worker and we said goodbye to Naomi's foster mother, much like the preview video we posted, with a little less crying.
This afternoon we have done all sorts of regular baby stuff. Naomi took a nap, we walked around the neighborhood, we rolled around on the floor making silly faces and sounds. We were told that Naomi is not yet eating any solid foods, but we tried to give her some smashed up banana anyway ... and she loved it. Teresa thinks that the reason she hasn't eaten any rice cereal yet is that they have been holding out on the good stuff - bananas.
Sleeping Beauty
We Want More Bananas
Beautiful is the one word to describe all the wonderful photos. What a blessing from God. She seems so happy and content. I am sure her big brother will love and protect her. Can't wait until you guys are home. We have enjoyed the photos of the places and things as well as the last set of photos. They make the wait worthwhile. We are still praying for you guys. The Deans
ReplyDeleteI am still smiling. She is such a strong girl. Love that sweet smile. Dad looks pretty content with his little girl. Teresa, I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear aabout the trip home. Josiah better look out, she looks like she can take him on. And she loves bananas....
ReplyDeleteOk, I can barely see to type this. I am so overwhelmed with emotion for you guys. Thank you so much for sharing such an intimate journey with us. She is absolutely beatiful. Teresa, she looks like she belongs right there in your arms. God is so good. I can not wait to get to hold her myself. Wishing you guys safe and restful travels home. We can not wait to see you! See you on this side of the world soon.
ReplyDeleteLaura
Congratulations on your family of four - she fits right in! The pictures are precious! I'm sure Josiah will love her right away. Have a safe and uneventful trip back. We'll talk with you soon! Love,
ReplyDeleteDave, Tracy, Nathan and Danielle
I am making spectacle of myself sitting in the library looking at this and crying. She is beautiful! I wish we could be there to meet her when you get home. Have a safe trip and we will talk to you soon. Love, Debbie and Pete
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! I love the video!!!! and the pictures!! You guys are so tech savvy :) Last night, there was a collective gasp of excitement from our class knowing that you are going to try to come :) We are thrilled for you...she is beyond beautiful as is your family! All our love and prayers! Tera and David
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to meet Naomi!
ReplyDeleteTammy
Hey guys! She is extra-cool!! Have a safe trip home. Please call us if you need anything when you get back. We are praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Tooles
I am in tears - but happy joyful tears. Little Naomi is just so beautiful and she seems so content and happy with you! I can't wait to meet her. Vonda
ReplyDeleteOh she's so beautiful and sweet! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. It meant alot that we all could see what you were doing and going through. She looks very content and happy with both of you. We can't wait to see her and hold her! Be careful coming home! See you soon! Rob, Mandi & Carissa
ReplyDelete