Saturday, July 5, 2008

What a Week!

Last week was very busy. We spent time at the Y on Monday and Tuesday, working out and swimming. On Wednesday we had a service coordinator from 1st Steps (birth to three) come out to our house and set Naomi up for a speech evaluation and possibly an Occupational Therapy evaluation. Since she came home she has not increased the number of sounds that she makes very much and she also has a mild fine motor delay. She was evaluated back in April and this is a follow up to see if she is still delayed.
On Thursday, Josiah and I dropped Naomi off at Grandma's house and had a fun day together. We went to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom with Aunt Melody and Leah. They have a season pass and got us in free for kids fest. I forgot to take my camera with me, so no pictures of the blast that we had. Melody convinced us that we should ride the kiddy roller coaster. She even convinced Josiah that it was no big deal and that he would need to hold Mommy's hand to keep her from getting scared. For those of you that don't know - I do not like roller coasters very much. Anyway we got on and as soon as we got to the top of the first incline, Josiah freaked out. He cling to me and cried for the entire 30 seconds of the ride. He was completely distraught and said he was never going to do that again. We got off the coaster and he said, "Let's ride the carousel - I think that would be a better choice!" So we did! We did not swim at the water park since it sprinkled on us all day and we didn't want to be caught in a thunder storm while swimming. We had so much fun.
Friday we got up late and got dressed to go to Grandma's house. It is Melody's birthday this weekend, so we celebrated at Grandma's house. We really thought we were going to get rained on, but we didn't. We ate a lot of good food and played outside for a long time. The kids drew with chalk on the driveway and rode their bikes. I rode the little tricycle and everyone thought that was too funny (bring back any memories - Jan?). I will have to get a copy of the picture from Melody.
As if our week and week end were not busy enough, we went to have family pictures taken on Saturday at Portrait Innovations. We have never had them do our pictures before. It was a good experience and we got some nice shots. We also had Naomi's 1 year pictures done in her Hanbok (Korean traditional dress). She was just not very smiley this morning. She woke up with a low grade fever, but nothing that really concerned me. By the time we got home and she woke from her nap she had a raging 103.7 degree fever. It took several hours to get it to come down to 103 and then another hour to decrease it further. She is feeling a little better now and is in bed. I can only hope and pray that we have a good nights rest. Boy am I tired?

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I thought we packed in some fun days but I think you surpassed us. Sounds like a great time. And yes, Teresa, I still have the video and shots from you trip down the driveway in WI. That was so fun. I love the family photo...the colors are beautiful not to mention the smiles. Can't wait to see Naomi's picture n her Hanbok. Hope she is feeling better. Let me know about her therapies

    ReplyDelete