Sunday, January 31, 2010

Looking Ahead

It has been cold and dreary here for several months and I am so ready for warm weather and Summer time. We are booked on a family cruise leaving Cape Canaveral on April 26th. I am excited about taking the kids to the Bahamas and on a big cruise liner. Josiah is especially excited. We will have to take him out of school for a week in order to go, so we are figuring out different ways we can incorporate fun learning while on the trip. Josiah said he would like to learn about the animals that will be in the ocean that we are sailing on. I think that can be arranged. We are still waiting on Naomi's passport to arrive in the mail. We are praying that there is no major hold up on it especially since the paperwork for a passport for an adopted child can be tricky. It shouldn't be, but it is. Please pray that we get it in time. I have joked with Greg that if we don't get it that he and Naomi will have a fun time at home while Josiah, Greg's family and I cruise. He did not find that amusing. In anticipation of going I having been looking at buying some sundresses. I was shocked to see the price of little bitty dresses on line ($50 each), so I began an adventure that I haven't had in many years. I found myself in a fabric store buying patterns and fabric to make dresses. Yes I said make them. It has been about 17 years since I made any article of clothing for myself. I was nervous to say the least. I spent $60 and will have 3 dresses and possibly 4 to show for that. I think that is a good deal. This weekend I made the first one. Here it is:

1 comment:

  1. WOW !!! I am impressed and proud that you have made such a good job. All our hours of unpicking and stitching paid off! Simply cannot wait to see you guys in August. Love and Hugs mom

    ReplyDelete