Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We are Here!

Our journey started earlier than expected Tuesday morning when Josiah awoke with a wet bed at 2:30 am. Greg got him changed and layed a dry towel down on his bed and I lay in bed with him to try to get him to go back to sleep. 30 minutes later he was finally asleep and I went back to bed only to get up 45 minutes later to shower and get ready for the airport. We got to the airport in the recommended 2 hours before takeoff. Just as well because Atlanta airport was experiencing weather as they put it. We were scheduled to fly at 7:15am, but because we arrived with enough time we got on the 6am flight to Atlanta.
Flight out of Atlanta to Seoul was on time and not full. Greg and I had 3 seats for the 2 of us so we each got a little sleep. The flight was uneventful. We had personal little screens with free access to movies on demand and video games. I am now proficient in some games I will probably never play again.
We arived in Seoul at 4:30 pm local time and took the airport limosine bus to the Renassaince Hotel. From there we decided to walk to the guest house. I was supposed to be just a couple of blocks, but we got lost and had to ask for directions. We happened to find someone that spoke very fluent english who walked us to the guest house. Praise the Lord for Korean hospitality.
Tomorrow morning we are meeting our social worker, Mrs. Bang, at 9:30am to visit Naomi at her foster mother's house.
So we are here and I discovered that I left the cable that connects my camera to the computer at home, so no pictures until we buy a new one - sorry!
Josiah - Mommy and Daddy love and miss you. See you soon.

9 comments:

  1. Been thinking of the two of you so much. Glad to hear you have arrived. Oh!!! my you are a scatter brain leaving the cable behind, when we are all so anxious to see our precious baby with her new dad & mom. Love dad & mom (SA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how you forgot your cable. Mark informeds me that it might be easier for you to find a USB card reader that to find a cable. Just a thought. Looking forward to seeing those pics and hearing about your adventure. Get some more rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! We're so glad you are there! We can't wait to keep up on the news while you are there! We have 6 meals lined up from the 17th through the 28th! Can you post diaper sizes when you find out or you can wait until you get home. Either way! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you have arrived. We have been praying for you. We hope that things remain uneventful for the most part. We are anxiously awaiting more good news. May God continue to be with you and shine through you. The Zoeller Clan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it safely! Can't wait to hear how today went. Kisses to Naomi.
    Love, Dave and Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg and Teresa - so glad to see you arrived safely. I am so anxious to follow your trip as we hope to be behind you within a few weeks. (PRAY!!!!) Enjoy little Naomi.

    Vonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you!! I'm so excited and nervous and anxious and i can't imagine how you are feeling!!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been praying for you guys and those at home helping out. Glad to hear your trip so far has been pretty good. If the cable is all you left behind I think you did GREAT. I would have left more behind if it was me! Can't wait till you get back home and ARE a family of 4. The Dean's

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures of our 8th grandchildren thank you Lord for blessing us abundantly. Our prayer is that Naomi will bring you lots of joy and happiness I am sure there will be trying times, but I always found that during those times we grow as people and parents. Enjoy the ride and savour every moment, live each day to the fullest and love one another unconditionally! Love dad mom SA

    PS Saw carol today she sends her love and kisses

    ReplyDelete